"Jakob is my best for life."

This post isn't about something Jakob did or said, but rather what his buddy Flynn said about him.  I took Jakob to the Richmond play group yesterday while Dan worked from home during Everleigh's nap.  Much to Jakob's great pleasure, his buddy Flynn from daycare walked in with his mother, Stephanie.  As the boys played, Stephanie and I chatted about how our kids are such good friends.  Stephanie told me that she and her husband asked Flynn who he liked to play with at daycare the other day, and that his response was "Jakob is my best."  Flynn overheard our conversation and said "No Mommy, I said 'Jakob is my best for life.'"  There was lots of emphasis on the "for life" part.  :-)
As a parent, it's so wonderful to hear that your child has good friends, and to hear it straight from Flynn's mouth brought tears to my eyes.  Besides how sweet that was, Flynn was also Jakob's go-to at daycare during the summer when he had that terrible stretch of not wanting to go.  Almost every day when I picked him up, his teachers would tell me that Jakob and Flynn paired up once Jakob calmed down, and that Flynn really helped Jakob get through the day.  Flynn is much too young to understand how much his words and actions mean to me, but I hope he and Jakob remain friends "for life" so that I can tell him years from now how happy it makes me to know Jakob has such a wonderful pal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9