Everleigh Milestone: Solids!

We started Everleigh on solids yesterday evening!  When I picked her up from daycare, her teachers said they need me to start sending more milk for her.  Unfortunately, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to pump more, so I decided it was time for her to start getting some of her calories from solids.  She's been very interested in our food for about a month now, and her little mouth would start making chewing motions when she watched us.  Needless to say, I was rather confident that she was ready for this.

We strapped her into her high chair, and right from the start she was excited about her baby oatmeal (the last picture really sums it up)!  She wolfed down an entire bowl (which is only one tablespoon of dry cereal and 4-5 tablespoons of milk for the first meal, but still, it was great), and this morning she had an even bigger helping.  Jakob enjoyed giving her a few spoonfuls too.  I can only imagine how happy she'll be when we actually start giving her things that taste good, ha!

On a personal level, it was a little bit bittersweet for Everleigh to start solids.  This is the end of an era for me, the one in which I'm the sole source of nutrition for one of our babies.  I'm hoping she'll want to continue nursing for another 6 months, so I've got a lot of that special time left with her, but still...I'm a bit nostalgic.

Bring it on!
What, no airplane sounds?
A little slurp...
...and a little more...
...I'm getting the hang of this quickly
Don't you dare take my spoon away
All gone already?!
YUMMY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9