Oh (Church Street) Christmas Tree

The Sunday before Christmas, both kids took good afternoon naps and woke up as happy and healthy as they've been in a month.  The weather was cool but not cold, and there was no precipitation that would make driving scary, so we packed them up and went up to Burlington to see the big tree and the lights on Church Street.  It was the first time this season that my hopes for a magical, festive family event actually came true, and it was a delightful outing.  It wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would be on Church Street, and Jakob loved running around the tree and the pedestrian sidewalk like a madman.  He was very excited about all the lights, sounds, and smells.  Dan was excited because the kids were compliant enough that we stopped into Farmhouse to get him a quick beer.  Everleigh was so wonderfully stimulated by all of it that she didn't make a peep.  Oh, what fun!

It's FINALLY the most wonderful time of the year!
Saying "catch me if you can"
Seriously, can you catch me?
Who is this guy?
Hot chocolate from Lake Champlain Chocolates...yummy
I'm having another chocolate treat at Farmhouse while Daddy has a treat of his own
I'm marking myself down for a bulls eye
The ladies had fun too!
I'm having so much fun
Lovely!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9