Elf of the Shelf

In my mind, the Elf on the Shelf was going to be a fun, magical way for me to convince Jakob to be well behaved during the holiday season.  I was going to come up with all sort of fun, creative places to move the Elf after his "trip to the North Pole" each night.  I asked Jakob what he wanted to name the Elf, and he insisted that the Elf's name is "Elf on the Shelf."  I gave up trying to convince him to pick something different after 10 minutes of trying.

After his initial spot on the shelf (seemed like a good starting place, considering his name), the Elf moved up onto our curtain rod in the family room.  When Jakob woke from a nap, I excitedly told him the Elf had returned from the North Pole and was somewhere new in the room.  Turns out this was traumatizing for poor Jakob (still not feeling well), and he cried for a solid 15 minutes until I took the Elf down and let him hold it.  Now the Elf stays still on the curtain rod and doesn't move around.  Maybe next year.

I'm only smiling because I've got a death grip on Elf.  No more North Pole for you, my creepy little friend
Actually, we might need to give you a new name after I throw you....
...now you're "Elf on the Floor."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9