Everleigh's First Day at Daycare

Everleigh had a GREAT first day at daycare!  I was more than a little worried, because Jakob is notorious in that room for never taking naps, despite their Herculean efforts to get him to sleep, and he never really got the hang of the bottle.  Plus we had tried for weeks to get Everleigh to take a bottle at home, and she always refused.  Naturally I cried almost all of my waterproof mascara off on the way to work and barely slept at all the night before.  Dan had the unpleasant task of dropping both kids off, and fortunately Jakob started it off on a good foot by having a great drop off.  Dan was sad leaving Everleigh, but he stayed long enough to watch her meet all her teachers and give them smiles.

I called to check in around 11:30, and they reported that she took her whole first bottle without any trouble and took a 40 minute nap.  They warned me that she might start refusing bottles, but they were relatively optimistic, and so was I.  It was a LOOOOONG day of missing the kids and worrying about Everleigh.  We have a new cell phone law in Vermont that prevents handheld devices, so I couldn't even call Dan (he did pickup too) to find out how she did on my way home.  And of course I got stuck behind the world's slowest driver on my way home too.

Dan had Everleigh's daily report card hanging on the front door for me to see.  She totally nailed it!  She took both bottles, and they even had to thaw the frozen milk I sent to be stored in the freezer!  She took a longer afternoon nap and was all smiles all day.  She was definitely tired from all the stimulation in the evening, but our little champ was still in a good mood.  She giggled at me when Dan handed her to me when I walked in the door.  I know there may be a regression over the next few days or weeks, but at least we know she can and will sleep and nap there!  PHEW!

Willing to use anything, even her sleeve, to teethe 
Morning smoochy selfies with Mommy
Mommy is sad
Hanging with Deb
The absolutely beautiful family poster they made for her
PJ time...we did it!
Everleigh's first report card

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9