The Very Hungry CaterPARTY!

Jakob's first birthday party was a huge success!  Thank you to everyone who was able to make it and help us celebrate Jakob's first year.  We are so lucky to have so much love and support in our lives, and Jakob had such a great time seeing everyone.  People were incredibly generous with their gifts, and Jakob repaid their kindness with a hilarious show of frosting consumption.  Special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Janelle for graciously hosting and assisting in the party prepping.  (My apologies for the extremely long post.  If you can believe it, this is only a fraction of the pictures I took!)

Some of the set up

Table decorations
Balloon caterpillar

The birthday boy's decorated throne

More indoor food

One year of Jakob

During its first five days, the caterpillar ate through apples, pears, plums, strawberries, and oranges...so did our guests!

Little bags of thank you jelly beans (too bad we forgot to give them out)

Present and drinks

Lunch time!

Stella is keeping Zoey company

All Jakob's friends are ready to party

Gram and Gramps Hall made the trip down from New York!!

Eating a light lunch to save room for cake

Time to inspect the party grounds

Stella and Jakob are making the table into a jungle gym

Time to sing!

The edible caterpillar (I wish I could take credit for making this)

The birthday boy danced and bopped while people sang to him

Both the Hall guys are too excited about cake to smile at the camera

Mikey had a front row seat for the cake

Great Grandma captured the moment too!

Time for my smash cake!!!

Like usual, I like to take things slow to start

But it didn't take me long to get into it with both hands

Is this a new weekly tradition?  If so, I like it!

YUM

I can feel the sugar flowing through my body!!!

I've decorated myself

Daddy and I are sharing a few bites

I let Holden get in on the action too

I should have birthdays more than once a year

SO GOOD!!

Are you going to have to hose me off, Daddy?

I had to get down to my diaper for the cleaning process

That's better (although we still have a little ways to go with cleaning off my nose)

I'm so happy I got to share this day with my family and friends

Like father, like son

Time to head back to Vermont.  I'll drive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9