Blog Post from JES about the Spanish Immersion Program

Feeling so grateful and lucky right now...

I’ve been holding back on visiting our Spanish Immersion program.  Not for any other reason than I want to give the educator and the students their time to get to know each other.  I’m excited about this program but no more excited than I am for all the other programs in our district.  Each represents a unique strength and benefit to our students.  It’s pretty amazing.  That being said, because it is new there’s a fair amount of attention on it, so I stopped in briefly to check things out.  To say it’s amazing would be an understatement.  For me, personally, there’s something incredibly awe inspiring about watching students totally at ease on day two with the immersive nature of this classroom.  The educator reading a full book in Spanish while students stare wide-eyed and open mouthed with excitement.  They follow along without missing a beat.  That’s the power of this process. Pretty incredible.  I’ll visit again with the camera in a couple of weeks, but for now, I’m going to let them build their community together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9