Lake Willoughby Surprise!

By my birthday weekend last year, Dan and I had known we were pregnant for a whopping 8 days.  He and our friends had planned a surprise party for me at Lake Willoughby in the Northeast Kingdom section of Vermont, and he and I spent the night trying to fool them into believing I was drinking because we weren't telling anyone I was pregnant yet.  

This year, with Jakob strapped into his car seat and absolutely no chance of being pregnant haha, we set out on a scenic drive over the river and through the woods, literally.  :-)  Like I said in my previous post, I didn't know where we were going.  After passing numerous places I thought we might be headed without stopping, I was really surprised when we stopped at a little country store in the middle of nowhere in Glover, Vermont.  Dan said he had heard they had awesome pizza, so we sat at a picnic table outside and started looking at the menu.  Out of the blue...well, at least it was for me...Ryan, Gabe, Carrie, and Graham arrived to surprise me again! (Ryan and Gabe are September birthdays as well.  Happy birthday, guys!)  We kicked off an outstanding day with pizza that lived up to its billing and headed back to one of our favorite spots, Lake Willoughby.  The babies were so sweet, and LW was as spectacular as ever.  Thanks to my dear friends for yet another off the charts birthday weekend celebration!!  xoxoxo

SURPRISE!
View from our cottage's porch...not too shabby!
We could get used to this
Deck and screened in porch
Perfection
Hard to believe we were both pregnant at this time last year!
Holden braved the rocky shores
Dan and Jakob were ready for a short walk
Amazing outfit #1 for Dr. Daley
Ryan's got plenty of multi-tasking skills on display here
He's such a love bug!
Doesn't get any better than this
Graham gave Jakob a big smooch
And Jakob wasn't quite sure what to do about it.
Matching stripes
Feeling like a mountain man in this outfit!
A calm morning on the lake...
...until the ducks attacked (okay, they didn't attack, but they were fearless!)
QUACK
Amazing outfit #2
No better gift than birthday snuggles with my little man
Can't wait until next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9