Everleigh's School Pictures and Hope for the Future

As I continue to try to come to terms with my disbelief at the results of last night's election, I'm comforted by the fact that I have two kind, out-going, caring children to whom we will continue to preach the importance of compassion, understanding, and patience.  No matter what dark days may or may not come thanks to the election, I'm confident that the future generation will continue the trend of acceptance of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religions that the last eight years ushered in.  Our next leader may continue his messages of fear and hatred, but we will not allow that negativity to seep into our home and fester in the hearts and souls of our most precious assets.  

In that vein, here are Everleigh's school photos.  The innocence and joy in her eyes and smile lift my mood and give me hope for the future.  In the immortal words of Whitney Houston, "I believe the children are our future.  Teach them well, and let them lead the way.  Show them all the beauty they possess inside."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9